Sunday 27 November 2016

Development: Future Progression For SSFormation

[SSFormation - Update on future development]

UQ Stone Feature, Save & Load Feature will be put on hold


Hi everyone, Slife here. I'm the main developer handling most of the programming for SSFormation, and I'd like to address some things in this post. Before I began, I'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone for using the application and providing feedback. We really value your support! We are glad that SSFormation has helped out many of you guys, and we will continue to work hard in the future.

With that aside, I will be addressing the future development of this application. There are 2 key features that we plan to implement: UQ stone equipping, and a Save & Load functionality. We are now deciding to keep these 2 features on hold, and only expanding the database of SSFormation whenever new characters are released, due to time constraints.

As many of you guys know, I run a YouTube Channel (Metacolm), and I've only a few hours of free time during the weekends every week to work on my personal projects (that includes both editing videos for my YouTube channel, as well as expanding on the SSFormation application). Many times, I find myself only having time to do either 1 of those things, since time is very limited and editing videos takes up a large chunk of said time.

I've spent an entire weekend coding the feature for the Ace & Power-Ups, as well as churning out a video for the channel. I realised that the video that I rushed to upload on that week was not of a good enough quality compared to those that I took my time to edit, and this has been bothering me to an extent. I have always worked towards quality and not quantity, and a lack of time is hindering that.

Due to this, SSFormation will be putting both the UQ Stone feature, as well as the Save & Load feature, on hold. We will still be constantly updating the application whenever new characters are added into Soccer Spirits, so rest assure about that. The next "Star Burst" update will be released with many new players, and we will be updating the application accordingly.

Thank you all for the support once again. We are very sorry for the temporary cessation of the above mentioned features, and we hope that we have your understanding. Happy teambuilding everyone!

- Slife

No comments:

Post a Comment